Sunday, June 19, 2016

DIY Father's Day Tie Rack Gift

Happy Father's Day!!! Although I have some stomach bug I had to make my dad a gift!




This was a very simple project but turned out just as I imagined. My dad has soooo many ties, so I thought I'd make him a new tie rack. I grabbed my materials after measuring the space:


  • A nice piece of wood
  • 3 hooks or however many you want
  • Stain and poly
  • Sandpaper
  • Drill

I grabbed a piece of pine and measured it to 20". Then I cut the piece to size and started sanding the edges and the front of my board. Next I grabbed some dark walnut and stained the front and the sides. After it dried I sprayed some poly to seal it. Next measure out where you would like the hooks. I put mine right in the middle at 10". Using my drill I put in the screws and done!





DIY Tie Rack for Dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment